Prescription Drug Abuse And Treatment
Chances are you know someone who has a problem with prescription drug addiction or dependency, because one in every six Americans has abused prescription drugs for non-medical reasons at some time in their lives. Prescription drugs have led thousands of ordinary people to addiction, injury, drug rehab, and untimely deaths. Millions of people right now need help finding a way to get the prescription drugs.
If you or someone you care about needs prescription drug addiction treatment,
call us right away at 877-211-7428
Speak to one of our experienced referral specialists.
We can help.
Which Prescription Drugs Are Abused?
Many prescription drugs can be abused, but three main types of prescription drugs – narcotic painkillers, antidepressants, and stimulants – are most common. They can also lead to prescription drug addiction or dependency, and the need for drug rehab.
- Natural opiates from the opium poppy including morphine and codeine.
- Semi-synthetic opiates including heroin, hydromorphone (Dilaudid), hydrocodone (Percocet), oxycodone (OxyContin), Vicodin, and many others.
- Fully synthetic opioids including fentanyl, pethidine, methadone, propoxyphene and many others.
Central Nervous System (CNS) depressants
- Also known as “downers” or “tranquilizers,” these drugs are prescribed for anxiety and sleep disorders.They include chloral hydrate, barbiturates, glutethimide, methaqualone (Quaaludes), the new anti-anxiety drugs in the benzodiazepine class – Valium, Xanax, Librium, Ativan, Klonopin, for example – the date-rape drug Rohypnol, and dozens of others.
- On the street, stimulants are “uppers.” They are prescribed to treat narcolepsy, attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), and obesity. The list of stimulant drugs is long, but the most common are methamphetamines and amphetamines such as Adderall, Dexedrine and Ritalin, and dozens of other drugs.
No matter what prescription drug is causing problems in your life, there is a prescription drug rehab center that can effectively deal with it. All you need to do is pick up the phone and start the ball rolling. A future without prescription drug addiction or dependency is possible.
We can help you find a prescription drug rehab program that works
for you or your loved one.
Call us today at 877-211-7428 and speak to one of our experienced counselors.
Prescription drugs are rapidly becoming the primary drugs of abuse across the nation, and are killing more Americans every year than many illicit street drugs.
According to the Centers For Disease Control, the number of unintentional prescription drug deaths is approaching 25,000 people a year. Prescription drug fatalities have surpassed deaths from fire arms, and are second only to deaths from traffic accidents.
And as the age of prescription drug abuse drops lower and lower – even pre-teens are now using prescription drugs to get high – prescription drug-related crime, ruined lives and the number of people needing prescription drug addiction treatment such as drug rehab have reached epidemic proportions.
Many of these tragic deaths were caused when legitimate patients sold their prescriptions to drug abusers, or when prescription drugs were stolen from patients or pharmacies, or obtained fraudulently from doctors.
Don’t let your situation become one of the statistics. If you have a negative prescription drug situation in your life, call Drug Rehab Referral now and speak to one of our experienced staff.
We’ve been there. We have helped thousands of others, and we can help you.